Thursday, 14 December 2006

Watch This Space!

In a week I’ll be at Heathrow Airport eagerly awaiting my flight to Cape Town. It’ll then be a week of family, friends and activities leading up to Shelley and Marc’s wedding. In between there will have to be a significant amount of beach time so that I don’t have to walk down the isle looking like I have just stepped off the plane from the UK (for fear of eternal ridicule at my pale skin and fading South African accent)!

That will be followed by Cricket at Newlands (South Africa vs India), a road trip up the Garden Route with Bernita, and a stay in Knysna at Elaine and Ian. I can’t wait to visit – it’s been described as paradise – a house on an island, a beach, a kayak… need I say more!

Then there will be more frantic shopping for final bits for South America. On the 13th of January, Juliet and I will be jetting off to Sao Paulo to begin the trip of a lifetime. We start off in Brazil, then onto Uruguay, then Argentina, followed by Chile, Bolivia and finally Peru!

I’ll do my best to keep this blog up to date throughout the trip so that our whereabouts can be tracked. I promise to provide lots of photos and hopefully a few interesting tales!